Tuesday, November 14, 2017

If Barns could talk

what do you think these would say?

I love seeing old barns when we take road trips.  I always
have my camera ready.


My mind's eye has given the photos titles all photos taken from the car window

The leaves from this huge tree added interesting texture to the photo



Was this a home?  It has a front door and the lean to on the right side could have been a carport

This one is a bit of a mystery.  It appears to have 2 front doors a large opening that could have been a
stable of sorts.  I say this because there is a door on the 2nd level that was probably for storing hay.
Taking the photos while riding gave an interesting effect to the leaves and grass too

There is a chimney on the large building so it was probably a home at one point
All 3 buildings are attached. Maybe the middle one was a kitchen?
The smaller one reminds me of a structure my Great Uncle had for curing tobacco.
Or maybe it was storing firewood??


This structure was a tobacco barn years ago.  Now it is a potting shed for
the Cedar Creek Gallery.  Majestic heron sculpture sits in front
Sleeping garden gnome 


Thank you for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    LOL>.. oh that gnome just finished the trip perfectly! These are excellent, atmospheric shots HiC. I love old place like that and, like you, wonder what stories are hidden in their depths... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool photos! When The Hubby and I are traveling, we call those caved-in barns 'fall-down barns", and wonder why no one took care of the roofs enough. Although we live in suburbia, farmland is only 10 miles away, and it goes on for miles and miles and miles. Which is very handy when I want to see some celestial event, so I make The Hubby drive me out to 'horse country' to get as far from the city lights as possible without driving for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would love riding through the area of Massachusetts where my husband grew up. Lot of old tobacco barns and other barns as well. Sadly most are in rough shape, but they still have charm as do all the ones you found.

    How we loved seeing that gnome:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also a big lover of barns and photographing them! Kathie is right, the NorthEast and New England have some lovely barns...as does the Midwest(I saw bunches on our way back from the BAR). I would love to visit YAM's part of the world and see the lovely barns there!
    Hugs!
    NC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos......I think a whole lot of us love old barns and buildings - I always wind up wondering WHO lived/worked there and what kind of lives they led. If only ghosts could talk!

    Love, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! We love the old barns too♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a lover of old barns with charm. I enjoyed these barns and yes, always wondering what stories they could tell. I did a challenge for a year or so called Barn Charm on the blog and CH and I both enjoyed traveling our rural roads to find charming barns. Like all your clicks but I would have to give Times Gone By the nudge. Lovely post Cecilia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the gnome looks like the Vikings laid him out to burn his dead body on a funeral pier... LOL
    love all the old rustic buildings and especially the tri level.. think that chimney was a kitchen maybe.. what ever they are they are still beautiful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love rusty tin. Old barns would have a lot to say if they could talk.

    That is a gorgeous heron statute. WOW! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those photos! I like taking pictures of old wooden houses!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like three the best; it has withstood the test of time exceptionally well; and it reminds me of barns I've seen along the way where I grew up ! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete

If Barns could talk

what do you think these would say? I love seeing old barns when we take road trips.  I always have my camera ready. My mind'...