Monday, June 5, 2017

Out of the mouths of Babes

I don't have any grandchildren but I do have five very special children in my life.
Three in Arkansas and two in Raleigh.
All five children belong to former graduate students I met while I was working at N. C. State University.  I always send these five children birthday gifts.
In April, my young friend Miss A had a birthday.  I wanted to send her something different.
She has a very special doll named Sunshine.  Sunshine has been repaired numerous times by Miss A's mom.  Knowing Miss A loves dolls and stuffies, I decided to send her this adorable Teddy Bear stuffed with cookies.  The bear has a Velcro closer on his back.


The packages was scheduled to arrive on one of the days we were having monsoons.  I was worried it would get soaked.  Miss A's  mom sent me an email letting me know the package arrived safely and dry. We were both stunned to see that United Parcel Service aka UPS put the package in a plastic bag to keep it dry.  WTG UPS

So the funny thing was Miss A's  reaction when she saw the bear...the first words our of her mouth were,
"Look mom a bear that poops cookies"!!!

I just love the honesty of children...I thought it was hilarious!!


Miss A's mom is very special to me.  I met her when she came to NCSU at age 18.  She was a student helper in the physics department.  To date, I have known her over 1/2 her life.
She always takes the time to meet me for lunch every few  months!!  She is a wife, mom to two children and 2 dogs and is a CPA.  Add to all this she has a very successful Esty shop.  Did I mention she is very organized?!


Click here to visit Carolina Cookie's Website

11 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Often the 'family' of our life are those we gather as we roll through it! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cookie pooping teddy IS hilarious!!!!
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was very sweet of you! And kids... yeah.... they say some crazy things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is funny. Yes, kids will tell you how it is.

    Cute bear!

    I'm glad you have kept in touch with her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet gift... kids, they crack me up! UPS is awesome, they have never let us down! We love Big Brown and our guy in brown shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Out of the mouths of babes, and all that! What a thoughtful gift. I have no chitlin's of my own, but my sibs all had multiples, and they are multiplying too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Children's honesty is always so very refreshing! I love how you are honestly one of those rare people that "has never met a stranger"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BOL- you made Mom dribble some of her tea from her mouth when she got to the punch line here. So typical of a child to speak what they see:)

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not surprised you've made friends like this. You are just that kind of a person and it was so sweet of you to send birthday gifts. It's obvious that the relationship is important to both of you. Pooping cookies - LOL!

    NB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to have friends like that.....the bear is precious and love love LOVE what your friend's daughter had to say when she saw it! "Kids say the darndest things" !!!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete

I'm on my soap box...

BACKSTORY: In October of 2015, we decided we didn't want to be slaves to yard work any more because neither one of us are spring chi...