Saturday, June 24, 2017

English is hard too many words mean too many things

I am still far away from but just had to share this wild story while it is fresh in 
My Mind's Eye?
Since we arrived in the mile high city, aka Denver, Colorado, my sinuses have been crazy, dried out and bleeding.  I think it was flying and the high altitude here.  
There is not a drug store near here.  After lunch in Silverton,  which has one paved streets, I asked the. waitress, who spoke perfect English, if there was a drug store in town.  I need some saline spray.  She looked at me funny.   I said you know for Advil and aspirin and such.  She said oh yes 2 blocks on the right.  I knew it would not be a chain store so I was just looking at each store.  I saw a white flag w a green cross, similar to a Red Cross flag, hanging over a door.  It was two blocks on the right.  I walk in the guy asked if he could help me. I said yes I need some saline spray.  He said I only sale marijuana in here. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ™€ I said that won't help me and I nearly tripped over my feet getting out of there. My husband was waiting outside he asked if I got any.  I said no they only sale marijuana in there.  I think the look on his face was probably the same look I had on mine when that guy said that to me.  Stunned. As we left, I noticed under the flag it read 21+. Stores have odd names now... I thought that was the store name. So we start walking back down the street I saw a bakery shop I went in asked a gal in her early 50's  if there was a drug store in town I needed saline spray. Absolutely she said it is just up the street on the left it is called The Lookout they sale hiking and camping supplies and toiletries. I told her my waitress sent me to a marijuana store. She nearly fell over laughing as did the other workers.  Off I go to The lookout they had 2 bottles of saline spray.  I told that woman my story she also got a good huge chuckle out of it.  Said it was the funniest story she had heard this season.  So at 68 1/2 I can say I have been in a pot store!  Colorado recently made selling pot legal.
Evidently pharmacy would have been a better choice of words in Colorado.  
This was cut and pasted from an email I sent to my daughter hopefully no typos.

Our vacation has been wonderful.  2 more nights.

Moral of this story beware of white flags w green crosses.
Until we meet again.

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Saturday evening entertainment:) Hope your sinuses will be better now that you have your saline spray, although one never knows what that other product might have done for you - LOL. Glad to hear you are having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just so funny, it's gonna have me sniggering all day, can't wait to tell hubby that Madi's Mom went to a DRUG store!!!!
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the early morning chuckle! OMD - too funny☺ Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    See... you never stop learning!!! (Mind you, I have always thought 'drug store' was an unsettling way to describe the pharmacists (Aussie) or chemists (UK)... ) enjoy those last two days. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT IS TOTALLY HILARIOUS! Interesting how much the world has changed isn't it? I'm glad you got your saline spray though (eventually) and that it helped - that dryness is tough to get used to - I remember it from Arizona. Glad you're having fun on your vacation.......enjoy and stay away from "those" stores young lady!

    Hugs and giggles, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the laughter this morning. love the story, hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your nose and the rest of you is adjusting to the high altitude. That is funny about finding yourself in a pot store! Glad you are having a wonderful time, vacations are a great break!

    ReplyDelete
  8. TeeHeeHee!!! Thanks so much for the morning giggles, HiC!! We think your hubby should have taken a picture of you in front of the sign LOL. I have saline spray I bring with me every time we go to Vegas. The air can get so much drier than it is at home.
    Have a great rest of vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We think our mom might go into that store BOL! That is a funny story. Mom says to get some Vaseline and line your nostrils with it (just a thin layer). That will take care of the problem. This is a common problem, especially with people from moister climates. Also, some ladies don't take care of their heels and it gets pretty horrific. Enjoy!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley


    ReplyDelete
  10. I may have laughed so hard that Sam paused the TV in the other room and asked what was funny. Glad in the end you found what you were looking for and have a great story to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is too funny. Of course maybe if you had purchased something in that first store you might not care if your nose was in pain. You might only have suffered from a case of the munchies then. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have like to have seen the look on your face when he said I only sell marijuana. That's funny. Shows you how different people are these days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. CRACKIN ..............UP.............. !!!!!!!! this story is priceless ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny story!
    When I visited my friend in Washington State two years ago, some of her aging hippie friends tried to persuade her that I should visit one of the newly opened shops selling marijuana products. But neither of us was tempted!
    Cheers!
    Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  15. MOL!! I hope I never stumble into a store like that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so funny!! A green cross on a white background is actually the sign outside of pharmacies in Europe. I don't think they sell marijuana as well though, but who knows?

    ReplyDelete

Hair dos

.....are a big deal to all females no matter their age. As a teenager, I was always on a mission to find the next big product to enhanc...